Alyssa was an amazing resource, and (being our first family visit), I bugged the hell out of her.
Here is Alyssa’s Top 10 List of Things to Think About.
- Reserve the Magical Express Bus ahead of time so you (and your luggage) can go directly to Disney World. They will even pick up your luggage at the carousel and put it on the bus.
- You can get stuff delivered to your Disney Resort. If you buy something in a park, it can be delivered to your room. If you need cheap supplies of water, these too can be delivered to your room (from Walmart or Target.)
- The water is better than it’s been in the past, but it’s still not perfect. Getting bottled water may be the way to go if water taste is important.
- Book Fastpasses as far in advance as you can. If you’re staying at a Disney Resort, you can book them 60 days in advance. The best rides go quickly.
- Disney only ships their Magic Bands within the USA However, speak directly with your Resort and they will be ready for you at the Check-in Desk when you arrive.
- Create a My Disney Experience account, and download the app for your phone. The app will have wait times that you can track. Here’s the thing though. You must be careful not to change or link anything to your account until your family members have accepted the invitation from you. Making changes before accepting your invitation could jeopardize your fast passes and reservations. The other option is to just let everyone log in under your account and share it that way with you as the primary account holder who manages others in your party.
- A ticket might include one ‘Extra Magic hours’ that may be in the morning or in the evening after the park closes. Not every park offers it every day. Look at the park hours for the specific dates and times they offer the Extra Magic Hours. Talk to guest services at your Resort as well.
- The summer rainstorms are definitely abundant and sometimes can be an outright downpour! But the nice thing is, they can last as little as 10 minutes and then it passes, and the sun is out again! It is a good idea to bring rain ponchos but I don’t think you’ll need anything more special than a dollar store find.
- As convenient as the complimentary transportation is, it is also slow at times so give yourselves plenty of a time cushion if you are trying to make a show or parade.
- You will likely have a Disney hangover when you come back. Oh yeah, it’s a thing. But you’ll be back to normal in a few days!
(She was amazing! She spent so much time making sure we had the BEST vacation ever!)